The Wildgoose Chase

I met Chelsea Pensioner Walter Wildgoose in 1977 when he was 87 and I was 26. Through a series of letters written over the last year of his life, he passed along his life story - the workhouse children's home, a life in the British Army witnessing the opening battles of World War I and life in India, a remarkable family surviving the bombs of World War II London. This blog will document my research and progress on the novel I'm writing about this amazing man.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Aldershot Tattoo

Can anyone provide information about the Aldershot Tattoo? I know it was a military re-enactment event that started in the 1890's, but not sure when it ended. Here's a picture of Walter in period uniform at an Aldershot Tattoo, though I don't know the year. It must've been between 1908-1910 (2nd Bn. Lincolnshire), or 1919 (Machine Gun Corps). Any clues based on the picture?
Bookmark and Share
posted by MaryB @ 11:41 AM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home