The Wildgoose Chase

I met Chelsea Pensioner Walter Wildgoose in 1977 when he was 87 and I was 26. Through a series of letters written over the last year of his life, he passed along his life story - the workhouse children's home, a life in the British Army witnessing the opening battles of World War I and life in India, a remarkable family surviving the bombs of World War II London. This blog will document my research and progress on the novel I'm writing about this amazing man.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

More on Hill 60

Back in September I posted an excerpt from Walter's letters concerning the Battle of Hill 60 in April 1915. At that time I'd had a hard time finding much about the Battle of Hill 60, though I could find quite a bit about Hill 62. In the original post I questioned whether perhaps Walter had meant "62" instead of "60." I should've known better since he rarely got any detail wrong.

I've recently come upon a couple of good sites about Hill 60, including this one from firstworldwar.com and this one with map and pictures.

Any good resources on Hill 60 (April 1915) out there in addition to internet sites?
Bookmark and Share
posted by MaryB @ 3:57 PM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home