The Wildgoose Chase

I met Chelsea Pensioner Walter Wildgoose in 1977 when he was 87 and I was 26. Through a series of letters written over the last year of his life, he passed along his life story - the workhouse children's home, a life in the British Army witnessing the opening battles of World War I and life in India, a remarkable family surviving the bombs of World War II London. This blog will document my research and progress on the novel I'm writing about this amazing man.

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Walter takes a holiday

The next few weeks are going to be very busy for me, as I prepare for a new job and move from Atlanta to New York City. Alas, my writing and research for my book about Walter has had to take a back seat to getting things settled in the midst of great change.

In the meantime, feel free to peruse the archives of this site to find out about this remarkable man. I'll be back before you know it!

Some of my more interesting posts (in my opinion):

Did you ever know a goose that wasn't?

Sailing the World at 17

Sunstroke and the Army's Exit Process

The Workhouse and Firvale Infirmary

The Lincolnshire's New Recruit

Aden and the Delhi Durbar

The Ring and the Clock

The Disadvantage of a Uniform

1939 - Preparations and Changes

Walter and Bert
Bookmark and Share
posted by MaryB @ 1:34 PM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home